Sell Your Seoul Trip 5 - Day 4

Sell Your Seoul Trip 5 - Day 4

Today we got to visit a Buddhist temple, Bongeunsa.  I knew right when I entered that I was going to like this place.  The buildings were so beautifully designed and I could see they paid great attention to detail.   I was told that there were no nails used in the construction of the temple and that each piece was crafted to perfectly fit in with its neighbors to create a sturdy and smooth appearance.

*see Bongeunsa video

As we walked through a lush landscape past various prayer rooms and colorful streamers overhead, we eventually came to a courtyard with a fountain in the center.  We lit a candle and placed it into the fountain followed by lighting a stick of incense and making a wish for the future.  I was told this was a customary ritual often performed at Buddhist temples.  In the background I could hear a monk leading a group of people in their morning prayers.  I remember feeling very calm and relaxed as we explored the temple grounds.


After the temple we ventured to COEX which is Seoul’s largest underground shopping mall.  I could tell right away that this was no ordinary shopping mall.  It contained hundreds of stores, a multiplex movie theatre, aquarium, two food courts, and several stages for live performances.  We explored the mall and I particularly enjoyed checking out some of the new cell phones, mp3 players, and other gadgets at the Samsung store.
Brandon, our tour guide, also took the opportunity to introduce me to my new favorite beverage, “banana milk”.  Banana milk tasted just like the name implies,  a sweet flavor of bananas with the smooth consistency of milk which created a refreshing and flavorful experience that made me smile with each gulp.
*see Hyundai Department video

After a couple hours at COEX we headed to Itaewon to visit the famous Hamilton Shirts custom tailor shop.  I was told Hamilton Shirts was the best place in Seoul to get custom tailored clothing made. Celebrities and international travelers alike chose Hamilton Shirts because of their wide selection of fabrics, their great prices, and quality of work.  I wound up getting two custom shirts made and an Australian wool suit.

*see Itaewon video

After Itaewon we went to a small café overlooking the Han River called the Rainbow Café. They had an assortment of organic teas and treats for us there.  It was a nice view of the river and nearby parks and trails where we saw locals biking, running, and working out.
That night we checked the Hotel Popgreen.  We got settled and then walked to a nearby restaurant where we ate a spicy yet tasty dinner and drank a few bottles of a sweet Korean wine.

We spent the rest of the evening enjoying various flavored soju drinks and exploring the nightlife around our hotel.  It was a great way to finish the day and I began to feel a lot closer with my fellow Seoul Sellers.




for more videos, visit http://www.youtube.com/sellyourseoul
for more photos, visit http://www.flickr.com/sellyourseoul

Also check out our facebook fanpage
http://www.facebook.com/sellyourseoul

No comments: