Sell Your Seoul Trip 1 - Day 3 - Mongchontoseong / Olympic Park & Gangnam-gu


Today, first up on the schedule was a visit to Olympic Park, home of the 1988 Summer Olympic Games. Seoul's government decided to leave most of its Olympic venues intact, adding on several trails through the area and a smattering of exercise equipment. We tried most of them out, a cross between the basic fitness stations you'll find alongside trails in the United States and the nicer machines in athletic clubs. We eventually stumbled across a large circle studded with various rounded stones. I asked what it was.


"It's for old people," said Sang In. "I don't know exactly what it's called, but they like to walk on it. It hurts, though."

It wasn't exactly phrased as a challenge, but I took it as one and kicked off my shoes. Sang In wasn't messing around -- it did hurt. A lot. As I whimpered around the circle, two elderly men using a leg press nearby pointed and laughed, critiquing my methodology. For his part, Sang In only followed for a few steps before jumping back off to go for his shoes. Quitter. He'll never know the exquisite benefits of self-reflexology.

 
 

No comments: