Sell Your Seoul Trip 2 - Day 1 - Interview & Bank of Korea Museum


. The Bank of Korea Museum was opened in 2001, on the fiftieth anniversary of the bank. The place is free to enter (score!) and holds old and new currencies from around the world. Some of the traditional currencies were so beautiful, they looked more like necklace pendants than coins. One highlight of the museum was when I stumbled upon millions and millions of faux won in the vault. There is something about being surrounded by that much cash, even if it is fake, that makes me feel as if I'm about to film bank heist scene in a Hollywood film. Break the glass, grab as much as you can, and run! I also found a really cool intergalactic type of display in which currencies "floated" (no pun intended) down a long table. When I held my hand over one, all of this information about the note would pop up. As a pretty big economics and finance (its pronounced finANCE) dork, I had a ton of fun sitting in a space of floating currencies and playing around. After I jumped off the table, I was kindly informed that there is indeed a sign that reads "please do not sit on the table." Some rules, my friend, were made to be broken.


Before I left the museum, I held firm to my pledge to check out the toilets outside of the hotel. And to my surprise - what is this! When you lock the door of the stall, the light above the bathroom turns on. Talk about energy efficiency! For an energy dork, this is huge! I mean, it really isn't as exciting as a heated seat, but it's pretty smart if you ask me.



No comments: