Sell Your Seoul Trip 2 - Day 3 - Korea Barbecue - Gal Bi



After playing with all the heavy machinery, my body was chilled to the core. It was time for some Korean barbeque. I headed to Choi Dae Po, a restaurant in the Ma Po area to eat Gal Bi (aka pork ribs). Accompanied by soy paste, pickled radishes, lettuce, spicy chili sauce, garlic cloves, and green onions, the meat itself was simply divine. Look at me go! My speed and comfort with the chopsticks is improving. I no longer look like a complete fool, but my hand is cramping from moving so fast. Slow down, Sandy. Eat like a lady. Nah! "Let's grill up that pork skin," I say to Sang In. Gelatinous, fatty, thick, and not at all like bacon. It was excellent when dipped in soy sauce. To top off the overindulgent meal, a bowl of cabbage soup with beans was placed in front of me. Is Nana in the kitchen? This tastes (almost) identical to the escarole soup my Italian Nana makes! After a day in the freezing cold and eating a lot of meat, the vegetable soup was a warm welcome, as was the hot pot of coals at my feet.

No comments: