Sell Your Seoul Trip 3 - Day 3 - Haircut at Myeongdong



The next item on the itinerary was not on the itinerary. I had my translator Sang-in take me to a barber shop for a little trim. I felt like a hippie being around all the bald monks and it was time for a trim. I love getting haircuts in foreign countries, you never know what you're gonna get.


I told the barber to make me look Korean to which he replied "It's impossible, you're too ugly." Ha ha, punk! This snide comment was coming from a short guy in a hot pink tank top wearing TWO belts covered in rhine stones, a checkered railroad cap and tight jeans. I liked him immediately. He cut all my hair with scissors, not using the lazy American technique of breaking out a shaver.

The haircut was fine, but the best part was the head massage! I've never been to an Asian country and been disappointed after the experience. I don't care how the hair turns out as long as I get my soothing massage at the end.

I paid my 15,000 won (about 13 dollars) and gave my hot pink barber a high five, job well done. As I was leaving, an older woman with curlers in her hair shouted out, "Very Handsome." It's always the older ladies who tend to like me.

No comments: