Sell Your Seoul Trip 2 - Day 4 - Cafe Drama, Sinchon



We hopped back in a taxi, crossed over to the north side of the Han River, and stepped into Drama Cafe in E Due near the Women's University. About five years ago, the concept of dress cafes took Seoul by storm. Women flocked to these places to sip juice, have their makeup done, and play dress up in whatever gown they so please. Wedding dresses, traditional Korean outfits, and ballerina tutus are all for the taking. This is the best Halloween closet a girl could ask for! After thumbing through the selections, I made it very clear that I would NOT like to try on a wedding dress. Not yet, buddy. I won't have one of those on my body unless I find a man strong enough to hold me up and make me laugh for the rest of my life.


Rejecting what all the other women in the store seemed to be wearing, I opted for an outfit that is simply the antithesis of a wedding gown. It was a phenomenally whacky cocktail waitress getup that reminded me of a peacock gone mad. It was colorful, sexy, and just completely outrageous. After frolicking around in this for a good forty minutes, it was time to get Korean. I donned the highest ranking traditional Queen's costume. With hair extensions added and the outfit snugly fitted by three flitting ladies, I glanced in the mirror and realized how unbelievably amazing this experience is. This is the closest to looking Korean that I'll ever get, I thought to myself. Photographs were taken, and the voice of Tyra Banks was echoing throughout my head. Be fierce! Smile with your eyes! I've only seen that show a few times, but boy, did her crazy modeling instructions leave an impression on this girl.

My day of beauty is coming to a close. It's time to hit the river for a fancy meal on a Han River cruise. Man, life really is hard when you're spoiled like me.

No comments: