Sell Your Seoul Trip 3 - Day 2 - Temple Stay at Hwagyesa (Part 1)



Ouch! I feel like I've just run a marathon, my body is achy and I'm completely exhausted. Who woulda thought that meditating would be so difficult? Sitting on your bum is hard work!


I'm currently at the Zen Buddhist Center perched on the side of a snowy mountain and it's amazing. It couldn't be more different than the fast paced dancing I was experiencing yesterday. The attire is similar though, all the monks wear baggy pants and hoodies, and they all look like Jedi masters. I wouldn't be surprised if they bust out some head spins later, their shiny bald heads are perfect.

The Zen Master PoHwa Sunin is in charge of the show. He's looks very similar to the Dalai Lama and is the kind of warm and loving guy you just wanna hug all day. We immediately bonded over our Rocky Mountain connection, it turns out that he's spoken at the Boulder's very own Buddhist University, Naropa.

The itinerary is packed full of activities and first up is the mountain hike. I'm about a million times more comfortable hiking than I am dancing and I easily cruise up the snowy hill. While admiring the beautiful view of the city I ask the Master what's next and he replies with a smile, "Lots of sitting."

No comments: