Sell Your Seoul Trip 3 - Day 3 - Second Day of the Temple Stay at Hwagyesa



3am is usually when I come home from a night out but today I WOKE UP at this ungodly hour. It was straight to the meditation room for another hour of cross-legged excitement! By this session I was feeling a lot more comfortable, or maybe I was still sleeping. Either way I was enjoying it much more than the day before.


108 bows to the Buddha, a little chanting and it was time for breakfast, which unfortunately was the same meal as dinner. Whatever happened to those Captain Buddha Crunch Berries?

My description of events might sound light hearted, but I actually loved the experience. If there's one thing I learned, it's that even the Zen Master doesn't always take things seriously, he's always goofing around and laughing.

My 24 hours at the Zen Buddhist center was unforgettable, after all was said and done I had meditated for 7 hours! I never thought this could be possible after my first torturous session but I'm pretty proud of myself.

I now have a much greater appreciation for the life of a monk. I could never imagine doing this routine on a daily basis...for the rest of my life! I owe them a huge thanks, these guys welcomed me with open hearts and I'll always remember their smiling faces.

No comments: