Sell Your Seoul Trip 2 - Day 7 - Seoul Festival of Light, Gwanghwamun Square




Deciding to let me play one last time, the Sell Your Seoul campaign turned me loose on Seoul City's 2009 Festival of Lights. It was opening night of the event, and the plaza was in full swing. Running through the 24th of January, the Festival of Lights is more or less a transformation of Gwanghwamun Square into an interactive media exposition of epic proportions. Light displays project onto the façade of neighboring buildings. An exhibit known as the "Chamber of Lights" displays local artists interpretations of light using new media. One, called "Notation Theater" by Ga-young Jun, is a full-body interactive game of Tetris. Another, the "Zipper Pipe" by Jaemin Woo, was a rainbow of bright and magnificent stripes. I couldn't help but take my last jump shot in front of this vibrant display. Seoul truly is a colorful city filled with bedazzling light. Surrounded by the people of the city I've fallen in love with, this was the perfect place to say adios to the cameras. Even though it was really cold, the people and places I've met in the past seven days of wonder have truly warmed my soul.

No comments: