Sell Your Seoul Trip 2 - Day 6 - Bukchon - Shopping



Walking around the area on my own, I found the most amazing jewelry boutique called Gallery HL. The owner and graduate of RISD, Hwa Sook Lee, has pieces from artists scattered across the planet. "This one is made by a woman in New York, and this is from a Russian artist inspired by the disaster in Chernobyl," she informed me. One piece that I loved was a metal and stone interlocking necklace that drapes to the navel. As the artisan, Hwa told me that it is indeed a piece that resembles her shattered heart. Ah, the classic love lost. Now this is something to which I can truly relate. The price tag read over a grand, but how can one buy a shattered heart? Already FaceBook friends, I'm excited for my day of shopping and exploring with Hwa next week.


No comments: