Sell Your Seoul Trip 2 - Day 4 - Marriott Soo Spa @ Yeouido



Descending a beautiful staircase in the Marriott Executive Apartments, Seoul, I was welcomed into the oasis that is indeed the Marriott Soo Spa. The elegant Yun Choi, manager of the spa and relaxation expert, sat me down for my initial consultation. "What type of treatment would you like to have?," she asked. With spa menu in hand, and Yun Choi's excellent suggestions, we opted for a 90-minute silver chi massage and facial. Now, it is at this moment that I must be very honest. I am not a stranger to free massages. Having lived at the five-star Breakers in Palm Beach for three months, I accumulated quite a few spa points. My sister Kelly is a massage therapist. And I'm an expert at convincing boyfriends or study partners to rub my shoulders, if only for a few minutes. I'm always aching, an excellent whiner, and pretty smooth charmer. The combination is lethal.


Even with all this massage history, this particular spa experience blew my mind. There is nothing like getting lathered in luscious oils and rubbed from head to toe with magical silver cups used to improve your inner chi, or energy flow. Release toxins. Vacate. Relax muscles. Melt. My masseuse, Nicole, found all my kinks and worked her magic. With a real river flowing behind me, heated massage table, and the element silver extracting the years of toxic build-up from too much coffee and too many cigarettes, I drifted off into a magical dreamland. Over two hours later, I emerged from the spa room with the dopiest grin on my face. I mean, I couldn't even put words together. PG-13: I felt like a post-coital gumby, glowing from happiness and relaxed to the core.

I was sad to leave the Soo Spa. They had treated me like an absolute princess. Sang In and Kyung Il, having waited for me the entire time and teeming with jealousy, didn't depart empty handed. Yun Choi gave us all goody bags of scrumptious bath and beauty products. We were all happy campers. It was time, however, to get dramatic.

No comments: