Sell Your Seoul Trip 3 - Day 10 - Snowboarding at Phoenix Park, Korea


My last day of adventures was exciting! We headed to Phoenix Park for snowboarding. The resort is about two hours east into the mountains so I got to see the countryside for the first time, very pretty.

Coming from Colorado you'd think that I was a Snowboard expert, but it's quite the opposite. I'd only been boarding one time before this, which was ten long years ago, and it wasn't pretty. Sang in however had never been, so we'd be learning together.

Luckily we got an instructor; I didn't want to go home with any broken bones. Jane spoke perfect English and patiently taught the two rookies how to carve, turn and fall...yes; there is a method to the falling. "Don't brace yourself with your wrists Ryan!"

After perfecting our skills on the bunny slopes with all the kiddies we headed up the hill. As I sat next to Sang in on the chairlift it looked like he has seen a ghost. I don't think he realized that the mountain was so steep. It was a big change from the friendly bunny slopes.

We actually made it down somewhat gracefully and Sang in was so excited that we went right back up. I never dreamed that I'd be snowboarding in Korea this January but it was so much fun. Maybe I'll have to skip Aspen and make this my new winter get away.

No comments: