Sell Your Seoul Trip 2 - Day 6 - Hongda Club, Hongik University Station



I left Bukchon and decided to give my dive bar loving self some rock and roll indulgence. I hit up DBGD in Hongdae, the oldest rock bar in Korea. Heading down into the basement club, I couldn't wait to get my lips on a McCallans 12 neat. But no, Scotch of that variety does not exist in places like this. I see that I can get a Jack Daniels for $4USD and place my order. The bartender tries to pour in some Coke. "NO NO NO!" I want it straight up. After all, rock ‘n roll is serious business, thus requiring a serious drink.


The overall atmosphere was totally grimy and awesome. Whiskey in hand, I rocked out to a band called COPY MACHINE. Playing Korean ska, they blew up the stage. My ninth grade crush would just love this place, I thought to myself. Hopefully one day he'll make it here.

I must be immune to whiskey, because instead of being tipsy, I was simply tired. Knowing that tomorrow I have to engage in more combat, I decided to head home after meeting the lead singer. Grab your bows, my friends. It's time to shoot some arrows.

No comments: