Sell Your Seoul Trip 2 - Day 5 - COEX Aquarium, Gangnamgu



Next stop? The Coex Aquarium. The largest marine zoo in Korea, this place has over 650 different types of species including sharks, penguins, and seals. I was excited. Having recently explored aquatic life at the aquarium in Atlanta, I couldn't wait to see what a Korean aquarium would be like. As I locked up my bag, I realized there was a different set of lockers next to mine. What are these? Why are they different? "Pet Lockers," read the sign. For 100 won, you can lock up your little pooch while touring the aquarium. I bet all the women (who I not-so-secretly loathe) that carry tiny dogs around in their purses would appreciate this. Seoul, so convenient!


The Coex Aquarium is a great place to bring your kids. Tons of families were walking around and observing all the wonderful displays, everything from "Amazonian Jungles" to "Pacific Reefs." I even found a turtle that had two heads! Apparently, it brings double the luck to whoever lays eyes on it. My favorite, however, was the exhibit dedicated to fish native to Korean waters. In addition to the "reticulated bumphead wrasse" and the "shark sucker," I had the absolute honor of laying my eyes on a fish named the "COMMON MULLET." I kid you not. I would like to meet the scientist who named this fish and see if he or she does, in fact, rock the ‘do.

No comments: