Sell Your Seoul Trip 2 - Day 5 - Beer Tasting at Gang nam Station



Successfully navigating my way to Gangnam, it was time for my reward. Beer tasting! Three beers were poured before me. The first, Cafri, has a 4.2% alcohol content and comes in a white bottle. Immediately, points are docked. As I learned from the founder of Sam Adams Brewery, beers are best protected from light (and hence spoiling) if in darker colored bottles. This particular beer tasted like Coors Extra Gold. Anyone who was with me in the spring of 2002 knows that this isn't a good thing. The second, Cass, came in a nice green bottle but tasted like an imitation of Pabst Blue Ribbon. I want the real deal, PASS! The third, Max, had me at hello. With a brown bottle, the label read "a delicious idea." Looking for the alcohol content, all I could find amidst the Korean characters was a 100%. Now I know that's not possible, but it was good enough for me. This bizarro bud light is the winner!

No comments: